The sun is hot, the flowers in bloom, it’s Summertime!
The timeless 1934 aria composed by jazz greats George and Ira Gershwin really signals summer, so we hope you’ll join us for this Saturday’s big band brunch at the Ironwood Stage and Grill!
Call for reservations 403-269-5581.
Here are some other great tunes we’re cooking up for the show:
• Libertango as composed by Astor Piazzolla, recorded by the HR (Germany) Big Band and featuring Prime Time lead alto Richard Harding
• A Very Precious Love is a beautiful ballad that is new to the band and featuring Jim Scott on trombone
• A real swingin’ chart recorded by The Big Phat Band called The Very Best of Times
• A gospel/funk tune called The Refrigerator that is also a new chart for the band
• Foxy, a composition by Slide Hampton and recorded by The Maynard Ferguson Big Band
• On Green Dolphin Street as recorded by The Les Hooper Big Band
• And a very special arrangement of some classic big band selections including A String of Pearls, Li’l Darlin’ and Opus One
Vocalist Deanne Matley will be singing some beloved classics including:
• A Wonderful Day Like Today
• The Very Thought of You as recorded by Ella Fitzgerald
• What Is Hip? From The Tower of Power
• A great classic How High The Moon as performed by Helen O’Connell
• And a crowd favourite: Get Happy!