This Saturday, Sept. 26 we are back at the Ironwood Stage and Grill commencing our 15th season.
Time travels fast when you are having so much fun performing big band jazz at its finest for such fantastic fans!
We have a wonderful lineup of selections to kick off the new season, including:
- CAUGHT SPEEDING as composed by Sammy Nestico and recorded by the great Count Basie Orchestra
- a terrific Latin selection called SPANISH FIRE featuring percussionist Andrew Ball
- I’M GONNA TELL, a Steve Allen composition arranged by LA composer Tom Kubis,
- as recorded by Maynard Ferguson and composed by Denis Diblasio the New Orleans sound of CAJUN COOKIN’
- a funky composition by Gordon Goodwin called GET IN LINE
- a super arrangement of a classic jazz selection LIMEHOUSE BLUES, featuring lead alto sax man Richard Harding
- the most beautiful LOVER MAN
- and another fabulous Latin selection from the Big Phat Band as composed by Gordon Goodwin LA ALMEJA PEQUENA
Our fantastic vocalist Deanne Matley will be performing some classic selections including
- ‘S WONDERFUL composed by George and Ira Gershwin
- the haunting WHEN I FALL IN LOVE
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FOOL
- FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOVE, a superb arrangement by Benny Carter
- and as arranged by John Clayton and recorded by Queen Latifah I’M GONNA LIVE TILL I DIE
This will be a blockbuster way to kick off the new season folks so book your reservations soonest!
Ironwood Stage and Grill
1229 9th Ave SE
403 269 5581
Doors open at noon and concert from 2 to 4 p.m.