On Saturday, May 7, we have the spectacular Alastair Kay on Trombone as our special guest. We are so very thrilled to have this world-class soloist performing with us once again! Call for tickets today: Ironwood Stage And Grill 403 269 5581
Al Kay has performed with ELLA FITZGERALD, BUDDY RICH , FRANK SINATRA, HARRY CONNICK JR., DIZZY GILLESPIE, TONY BENNETT, PHIL WOODS, MEL TORME, RENEE ROSNES, DIANA KRALL, LIONEL HAMPTON, BILL WATROUS and played Lead Trombone with ROB MCCONELL’S BOSS BRASS for 15 years. Al Kay is the first call player for all studio, theatre, and jazz gigs in Toronto. He has played on more than a thousand radio, TV jingles and sound tracks. Al has also performed on numerous Broadway shows and with smphony orchestras.
Some of Al Kay’s selections include:
- “HUM” a terrific swingin’ composition by jazz legend Bob Brookmeyer
- “THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC” a classic that was arranged by Al
- “ALL THE WAY” a fabulous arrangement by our own AL MUIRHEAD featuring AL KAY and Vocalist DEANNE MATLEY
- “FOR SONNY” a fantastic Afro-Cuban chart arranged by Canadian musician Dean McNeill
- “BLUE DANIEL” as recorded by Rob McConnell and The Boss Brass
- “TRINACRIA” another superb Afro-Cuban chart arranged by Al
- “I’LL NEVER SMILE AGAIN” a classic arranged by Al
- “JUST FRIENDS” as recorded by The Boss Brass
You’ll hear Prime Time Big Band perform:
- “STRIKE UP THE BAND” as recorded by The Count Basie Orchestra
- “SANDUNGA” a terrific Latin selection recorded by Arturo Sandoval
- “ON GREEN DOLPHIN STREET” as recorded by The Les Hooper Big Band.
Some of DEANNE MATLEY’S other selections include
- “EVERY DAY I HAVE THE BLUES” as recorded by Diane Schuur
- “TOO DARN HOT” as recorded by ELLA
“COMES LOVE ” a duet with AL KAY!
Folks , this will be such a fantastic concert. We can hardly wait. We are selling tickets for this concert so please call the Ironwood Stage And Grill ….. 403 269 5581 ….. 1229 9th AVE SE ….. doors open at noon and the concert is from 2-4 p.m.
Needless to say, this will be one not to miss !!