We’re planning a superb big band jazz concert this weekend with music from Count Basie to John La Barbera to Maynard Ferguson to Duke Ellington and beyond. Some of the band selections include:
- Jackson County Jubilee as recorded by the Count Basie Orchestra;
- Amazing Grace featuring lead tenor player Pat Belliveau;
- Walk on the Wild Side composed by Elmer Bernstein, recorded by The John La Barbera Big Band and featuring lead alto player Richard Harding;
- A most exciting Latin selection recorded by the Count Basie Big Band featuring percussionist Bob Fenske as recorded by Maynard Ferguson and featuring bari sax player Gareth Bane and lead trombone player Brian Walley: Superbone Meets the Badman;
- In a Mellow Tone, composed by Duke Ellington, arranged by Oliver Nelson and recorded by Buddy Rich;
- Decoupage as recorded by the Stan Kenton Orchestra;
- An old TV theme song Mr. Lucky as composed by Phil Wilson.
Some of the selections that vocalist Deanne Matley will be singing include:
- A Tisket A Tasket as recorded by Ella Fitzgerald
- Someone To Watch Over Me composed by George and Ira Gershwin
- Almost Like Being in Love as recorded by Natalie Cole
- And a fantastic arrangement of A Foggy Day in London Town
Join us Saturday, April 11, 2 p.m., Ironwood Stage & Grill firstname.lastname@example.org and 403-269-5581.